Acrylic to understand
Acrylic, also known as PMMA or plexiglass, is derived from the English acrylic (acrylic plastic), and its chemical name is polymethyl methacrylate. It is an important plastic polymer material that was developed earlier. It has good transparency, chemical stability, weather resistance, easy dyeing, easy processing, and beautiful appearance. It has a wide range of applications in the construction industry. Plexiglass products can generally be divided into cast plates, extruded plates and molding compounds.
1. With crystal-like transparency, the light transmittance is above 92%, the light is soft, and the vision is clear. Acrylic colored with dyes has a good color development effect.
2. Acrylic sheet has excellent weather resistance, high surface hardness and surface gloss, and good high temperature performance.
3. Acrylic sheet has good processing performance, which can be processed by thermoforming or mechanical processing.
4. The transparent acrylic sheet has a light transmittance comparable to that of glass, but the density is only half that of glass. In addition, it is not as fragile as glass, and even if it is broken, it will not form sharp fragments like glass.
5. The abrasion resistance of acrylic sheet is close to that of aluminum, with good stability and corrosion resistance to many chemicals.
6. Acrylic sheet has good printability and sprayability, and the use of appropriate printing and spraying processes can give acrylic products an ideal surface decoration effect.
7. Flammability: It is not spontaneously combustible but is flammable, and does not have self-extinguishing property.
Acrylic products include acrylic sheets, acrylic plastic pellets, acrylic light boxes, signboards, acrylic bathtubs, acrylic artificial marble, acrylic resin, acrylic (latex) paint, acrylic adhesives, etc., with a wide variety of products.